Fall is here! As the seasons change our bodies need to adapt to the change as well. It can be beneficial to do some things to help make the transition easier which will lead to more energy and a strengthened Immune System. You need to balance the nature of your local climate with your lifestyle choices.
- Drink warm lemon water in the am.
- Meditate in the am. Start with 10 minutes and see if you can work up to 20 minutes.
- Add dry brushing before you bath or shower.
- Start eating more in season fruits and vegetables and add warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and garlic to your dishes.
- Try a green juice in the am:
Spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, carrot, lemon, ginger, and apple. Use green apple which has more fiber and less sugar.
- Autumn is the season of the Liver which is a cleansing time. Drink tea – including bitter herbs like dandelion, sage, turmeric and chamomile.
- Try adding warm cooked vegetables/foods to a dark leafy green salad. Also add avocado, seeds, nuts, sweet potato or roasted squash. Top salad with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
As the air dries out, our bodies dry out internally too. Incorporate oily, nourishing foods that are high in protein, high in fat, and served hot.
- Autumn meals should be warm and grounding. Soups and stews are great (and easy) to add to your meal planning.
- Add a quality probiotic to your supplements which will help boost the immune system.
- Make sure to take Vitamin D during the Fall/Winter. Vitamin D keeps our bones strong and supports the immune system.
- Book a session in our Far Infrared Sauna (can provide relaxation, detoxation, weight loss, rejuvenation, etc.)
- Take a 20-min hot Detox bath (Epsom salts, baking soda and essential oils).
- Try a full body massage with organic sesame oil before a bath. Sesame oil’s warming qualities counteract the fall season’s cold and dry nature. It will also relax you.
- Slow down. Be sure to live in alignment with the season and get much needed rest.
It isn’t necessary to do all the things on the list. Instead, add a couple and work towards adding more.
In health and happiness,
$20 Far Infrared Sauna session. Call to schedule 303-619-0499 (only 30 minutes)