At least a few times per week, people ask me about whether a certain product is “good” or have clients who make the comment saying they wish they could go to the grocery store with me. I do offer grocery shopping sessions, BUT what they really want to know is what I eat, what products I buy every week and what my diet looks like. One thing that you should know about me is that I eat simply. My family and I eat the same things almost every single weekday. (On the weekend we have more fun or we eat out). We have about 5-7 recipes we really like and we rotate them.
- I always go with a list. Since we buy the same things, we know where they are. (Saving time and money).
- We do rotate organic vegetables and fruits based on season and what looks delicious. Shop the perimeter of the store where less packaged foods are located. Buying in season and locally is important for many reasons. (A topic for a different blog).
- We always buy the same meats (Organic chicken, Buffalo, and Fish).
- Yes, I do add in some packaged foods too.
We really keep things simple and easy. We are creatures of habit and are kind of boring. We eat the same thing most days which keeps things easier since we know what we like!
- Organic Eggs, Free Range Eggs
- Organic Guacamole
- Organic Riced Cauliflower
- Wildbrine Organic Sauerkraut – probiotic and fermented.
- Organic Brussel Sprouts
- Organic Zucchini Spirals
- Avocado Oil
- Siete Chips
- Rhythm Superfoods Organic Beet Chips
- Organic Goji Berries
- Organic Chicken Breasts
- Victoria Tomato Sauce
- Thai Coconut Milk (in can and unsweetened)
- Gina Cucina Soup – Carrot Ginger soup
- Bai Bubbles
- The Honest Stand cheese. Organic, Dairy and Gluten-free dips. They taste amazing!
- Siete Tortillas (in Freezer section)
- Coyo – Coconut Yogurt
- Zevia Sweetened Bubbly Water
Other Amazon Orders for our Detoxing:
*Contains affiliate links
- Natural Calm – Magnesium drink that can help with sleep. https://amzn.to/2XYNa8z
- Activated Charcoal – Can help with detoxing. https://amzn.to/2HP5c8k
- Epsom Salts- For Detox Baths and Muscle Support https://amzn.to/2V9wLMG
- Bentonite Clay – Good for detox baths. https://amzn.to/2HOGLIe
- Liver Detox Tea – https://amzn.to/2XRuCH4
Before You Go:
Here are a few more tips for you to know:
- The labels (mainly on fruits and veggies). Anything that starts with a “4” is regular and not organic. Look for items that begin with a “9.”
- Know the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 lists. These change, so make sure you know the lists.
Dirty Dozen (buy organic) – https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/dirty-dozen.php
Clean 15 (ones you don’t have to buy organic) – https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/clean-fifteen.php
- Vegetables: leafy greens, mushrooms, onions, etc. Buy a variety of colors and different textures.
- Try new things and even pick out something to take home that you’ve never tried. (I do go up and down the aisles at least once per month to see if they have any new interesting healthy products).
- Avoid GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) when possible. Look for the nonGMO mark on packaged foods.
Organic products cannot contain GMOs. The majority of genetically modified crops—like corn and soy—are modified to withstand intensive pesticide applications, so you’re buying foods sprayed with even more chemicals.
- Shopping in the bulk bins can save you money (nuts, seeds, etc.) Caution if you have food allergies because you never know what was in the bin before.
- Help the environment by bringing or saving packaging so you can use it again next time you buy bulk.
Hope this helps with your shopping!
In Health and Happiness,