What a crazy year this has turned into. Looking at the school year, this year is looking quite different than what everyone is used to. No matter what you believe or are choosing to do, I want to provide you some tips to help make it a healthy year even during these times.
Boosting The Immune System:
Back-to-school means exposure to a different environment, which means different viruses, germs and illnesses. Even when taking the precautions recommended, there is still the risk of exposure. It is so important to have a boosted immune system for the whole family. This means proper gut-health since 80% of your immune system is in your gut.
Important elements to support immunity and gut health:
- Eat fermented foods that help to re-establish the gut microbiome. (Sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, yogurt, and pickles are great examples).
- Eat insoluble fiber that helps to feed and grow your gut bacteria. (Beans, sweet potatoes, yucca, cassava, celery, and cucumbers all have insoluble fiber.)
- Eating high quality vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant rich foods. (Think dark colored fruits and vegetables and lots of spices).
- Foods rich in Vitamin C such as strawberries, citrus, and peppers. Rosehip tea is also high in Vitamin C, so give that a try.
- Avoid sugar and packaged foods that feeds the bad gut bacteria.
- Do you best to eat organic and whole foods to avoid chemicals being introduced to the system. Glyphosphate (a detrimental chemical found in pesticides) decreases lactobacillus and other important species of health bacteria growth in the gut.
- Schools will have more sanitizer, clorox wipes and other tools to help kill viruses and germs. We need to make sure these items don’t kill our ever so precious microbiome – the trillions of microbes living on and in the human body that are essential for healthy immune function and digestion. Exposure will be unavoidable, but Physica Energetics makes both Drainage Milieu and Chem-tox to help release those pesky toxins from the system.
- Take a great probiotic that help to your gut as well. Klaire Labs Children’s Chewable or Klaire Labs Vital Immune are great options.
- Stress opens up those tight junctions of the microvilli so do your best to decrease stress. Talk with your children about their feelings. Physica Energetics makes Licro Intrinsic and Ultimate Rescue which can really help kids and adults with stress management.
- My newest recommendation is the supplement Immune Charge+™ is a high-dose blend of immune-support vitamins including C, A, D, E, K1 and K2 plus the powerhouse botanical elderberry — all delivered in a single shot to support your body’s first-line defenses against unexpected health challenges. This product promotes respiratory support, cellular integrity and overall resiliency.
- At home make sure you have hand soap and clean towels at sinks. It might be a good idea to have everyone wash their hands when they come into the house and even change clothes. No shoes in the house is also something to practice.
For those who will be doing online learning we also need to make sure you are doing some things to keep healthy. Stay hydrated, take breaks, schedule lunch/snacks and go outside to get fresh air. This is really important!! Schedule lots of time away from the computer and I suggest EMF stickers to help with radiation.
If you are curious on a regiment to specifically help prevent COVID-19, please contact me or the office. In addition, if you or a loved one contracts COVID-19, please contact the office for the proven regiment we have successfully used to help relieve the symptoms of COVID-19.
I hope you have a great start to the school year! Please know I am here if you need any support!
In Health and Happiness,