We are on the fast track to the holiday season… Thanksgiving has passed and you blink once and it is almost Christmas. The holidays can be stressful and fast paced and I believe that one of the best ways to stay positive and happy through the holiday season is to be grateful. The definition of Gratitude is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. In positive psychology research, gratitude is strongly associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people improve their health, feel better and even build stronger relationships.
The neural connection between gratitude is very deep. A region deep in the frontal lobe of the brain, called the ventromedial prefrontal cortex is key to supporting the science behind gratitude.
According to UCLA’s Mindfulness Awareness Research Center, regularly expressing gratitude has some pretty astounding changes to the body.
- Gratitude can actually alter the molecular structure of the brain
- It keeps our gray matter functioning which reduces the effects of aging to the brain
- It can help decrease or lessen anxiety and depression
- It has been shown to decrease symptoms of illness.
- It also has a huge influence on your metabolism (Imagine if gratitude was the new “weight loss drug”)
- It has been shown to decrease cortisol and stress levels in the body as well.
- When we think about what we appreciate, the parasympathetic or calming part of the nervous system is triggered. This is important to keep in mind during this busy time of year.
- Gratitude journaling can help reduce stress, trying to think of things you are grateful for forces you to focus on the positive aspects of your life. This simple act increases serotonin production in the anterior cingulate cortex.
Whether it is raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens… take some time today to write down or even to THINK about 3 THINGS you are thankful for today. Bonus if you make it into a daily habit. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time and as you read above, it has a lot of benefits for you body.
If you are struggling with finding things to be grateful for, try Heart Song Milieu to help support the process. This is a Homeopathic Liposome Spray that is great for the Body, Mind, Heart, heartbreak, brain trauma, it helps with Menopause and PMS.
I want to take a few moments and tell you how I feel so blessed for for each and every one of you!!! As a representation of my gratitude for you, I want to offer all of you a one time 15% discount on a order this Holiday Season. Please contact the office to redeem. Thank you for your support, kindness and I hope you have a healthy, happy holiday season.
In health and happiness,
15% Off Heart Song Milieu
$20 for a 45 minute far infrared sauna session – call to schedule 303-619-0499
Promotions expire 12/31/2019