How is it already August?! It may take a little while to get back into a school routine. It is so important to keep everyone healthy and of course, happy. Here are some tips that can help.
- Set bedtimes. It is essential for kids to get a healthy amount of sleep each night to stay focused throughout the day.
- At least 2 weeks before school starts, start moving bedtime back 15-20 minutes each day. This will help move bedtime to a desired earlier time.
- Trouble getting that little one to sleep? Trying doing Tulsi bedtime tea to help them calm down and fall quickly to sleep.
- Teach good hygiene habits – washing hands. This may seem obvious, but so important and sometimes hard for kiddos to remember.
- Make an essential oil hand sanitizer for them to bring to school.
- Meal planning can help everyone stick to a balanced diet and get the fuel they need for a long day at school.
- Remember to give them protein in the morning and include it in their lunches too!
- Pack everyone’s healthy lunches (everyone in the family). Look for stainless steel containers vs. plastic to reduce toxic exposure.
- Manage stress. Stress can decrease immune function which may lead to more illnesses.
- Teaching deep breathing techniques can help kiddos relax and stay calm.
- Schedule exercise as a family. How about a family walk after dinner or a bike ride?
- Just 15 minutes in nature can help relieve stress and burn some extra calories.
- Keep sugar consumption low. Sugar depresses the immune system.
- Afternoon snacks should be filled with veggies, fruits, and proteins!
- Increase leafy green veggies. (3-5 vegetable servings per day)
- Kale, spinach, bok choy or collard greens
- Increase fresh or frozen berries. (2-3 servings of fruits per day)
- Organic blueberries or organic strawberries
- Increase zinc which boosts immune system – We carry a chewable that makes it easy for kids.
- More water – Encouraging water as the preferred beverage could prevent more than half a million children from becoming overweight or obese adults.
- Be sure and avoid plastic water bottles and use stainless steel instead.
- Increase Vitamin C – Our bodies cannot make Vitamin C, so we have to get it from our diet.
- Kiwi, rose hips, and bell peppers
- Probiotic – 80% of our immune systems reside in our gut. The probiotic should have Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli bacteria strains. We carry Klaire Labs Therbiotic for adults and a chewable for kids that has a 25 billion CFU formulation.
- Multivitamin- A good multivitamin is a great way to support any nutrient holes that might happen from eating a less than perfect diet. Seeking Health has a wonderful multivitamin that is great for kiddos.
- Omegas are SUPER important for good brain health and cognition. Make sure you pick one that is from wild caught fish and has a good DHA count for excellent brain health.
If you haven’t tried biofeedback yet, it can tell you what is going on with the body. We can even do it with kids (if they are willing to sit for a little while). Call to schedule an appointment.
We hope you have a wonderful time going back-to-school whether it be homeschooling or traditional school.
In health and happiness,
- 10% off Seeking Health Optimal Zinc Chewable
- 10% off Seeking Health Vitamin C Powder
- 10% off Klaire Labs Children’s Chewable Probiotic
- 10% off Seeking Health Multivitamin Chewable
- 10% off Physica Energetics Bio-Omega 3
Don’t forget our Meet the Practitioner Event on Aug 25th from 12-4pm.
Join us for this exciting FREE event to meet 6 different practitioners who want to share their knowledge and help you improve your health. Each practitioner specializes in a different modality but each one compliments one another.
We will have raffles, snacks, and friendly faces! Stop by to meet these amazing practitioners and see what you can learn about yourself and your health.